Tuesday, October 22, 2013

PUSSY quest

I received a letter with my next appointment through CAM-H's Gender Identity Clinic. I meet with two Doctor's shortly, one after the other, where I will be expected to verbally detail my understanding of a few things:

1. The surgical procedures involved in the surgery I'm pursuing (pussy upgrade)
2. My awareness of the medical risks involved
3. My clear and reasonable aftercare plan for recovery (how i'm getting home, whose problem am I when I whine, etc.)

Basically I need to establish informed consent.

I'm excited that I'm once again moving forward with this journey, but my optimism is extremely cautious. I was told I'd be meeting with the head if the program. Instead, I'm meeting with 2 people, one of whom is yet another intern.

The letter also indicates I need to bring my "real life" experience documents... again.

Again!? Seriously?! This reads like repeating steps. How many times do I need to provide all these documents that prove I am a woman before I get the respect to have my surgical decisions determined worthy but a Doctor rather than interns? Do they not keep records?

It's creepy... but it's happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...